2018-02-02

How the Three Sisters Relate to my Family

Kristina Silvia
Prof. Santos
English 102
2 February 2018
           
            The three sisters of vegetables are corn, beans, and squash. Corn is like the older sister. It grows first. Beans come second and finally, squash is the youngest. These three plants grow in unison without getting in the way of each other. The squash grows low and on the ground, covering the area around her. The corn grows tall while the beans embrace it. There are many different stories about the three sisters. One reminded me of my family. My older brother, Mike is like the corn. He “creates the template for everyone to follow” (132) but unfortunately for him, this template has been a good source of what not to do. I am like the beans. I have been able “to find a way around the dominant structure to get the light [I] need (132). This makes me think of how I have gone around the dominant personalities in my family and have become my own person. My younger brother Brandon is like the squash. He is 9 years younger than me and has gotten a complete other path to his growing up then Mike and I ever had. Although the three of us are different, just as corn beans and squash are different vegetables, my brothers and I somehow manage to all life in the same house. Well for the most

2 comments:

  1. I like how your comparison was different then most of the blogs. Even though you and your siblings dont benefit off each other everyone difference contributes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to having a sibling who is a lot younger that has totally become their own person!

    ReplyDelete