2018-02-02

Braiding Sweetgrass ‘Learning the Grammar of Animacy"



Jasmine Garcia
English 102-042

Blog #2


When I read this writing, It was an interesting read and I feel the theme was about being more connected with nature and getting to have a better understanding about plants. One of the questions Kimmerer is trying to ask is how do we start to really understand plants and actually communicate with them? 

This concept is a very interesting one for me because I always wondered why people talked to plants when they grow them in their own home. I have had family members who have told me they actually communicate with their plants and feel that it produces a more successful growth. 

After reading this piece, I feel I have gained a better understanding of nature and how it really connects with us on a daily basis. I have read that people believe that when they talk to their plants that the carbon dioxide stimulates growth when speaking. I feel I would need to do more research to see if this is actually scientifically proven. 




1 comment:

  1. Jasmine used the reading to better understand herself, and I can relate to that

    ReplyDelete