2018-02-09

Blog Post 3

Matt Finn
Professor Santos
English 102
2/9/18
Blog Post Numero Tres


                One thing we talked about in class and read about this week was the Windego monsters and their addiction to killing. They have a bloodlust that can never be satisfied, and gets even stronger with every kill.  It consumes their minds and controls how they act because they always need to kill. I'm not a Serial Killer, and that's not what this blog post is about. I relate to the Windego killers because they have an addiction, something that they are always thinking about and constantly pursuing.  For me, it has been the continual want to make money in any way possible. It started when I was in Middle School, I'd do chores around the house for a few dollars.  As I got older so did my thirst for money. By 8th grade I had a paper route and a list of lawns that needed to be raked and mowed, and driveways that needed shoveling. I spent my the next four years in and out of different jobs. I started landscaping with my Uncle Pete during the summers and balanced the manual labor with working in a grocery store as well. I quit the supermarket job during my sophomore year due to conflicting opinions with a manager, and lack of interest. I was without a money source, and felt out of sorts. I got lucky and got a job at an ice cream shop in my town. I liked working there, but the winters were dry and the tips didn't equal all the cones I scooped. I quit a week into my senior year, once again without my fix. I called up my uncles, Al and Vinny, and asked if they had any work for me at their machine shop. Fifty years ago my grandpa started this company in his garage and it has turned into a multi-million dollar company. I got a job sweeping floors for a few hours everyday after school. I wanted to do more work for the company, and more importantly make more money. I asked my uncles if they could start teaching me the skills needed to be a machinist. I started working overtime with my uncles, learning the basics of the shop. It was worth the Friday nights spent working, rather than partying or spending the money I was working for. By Christmas, I was making $15 an hour and was continually improving my machining skills. I spent this summer putting in nine hours a day, almost fifty a week. I can honestly say that money motivates me more than anything else. Waking up at 5:30am and knowing I was working for half the day, the only thing that got me out of bed was knowing the paycheck would be worth it. My uncles saw the work I was putting in and gave me another raise this past Christmas, making $18.50 an hour. I take great pride in my work because I feel as if I need to work to feel like myself. This relates to the Windego because they constantly have killing on their minds, for me its just the Benjamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment