2018-02-09

Blog Post #3

Blog Post #3

     In the story Sitting in a Circle I really felt the connection to nature that was explained. The setting that made her feel so at "home" was in the wetlands where she would collect cattails and use them for many purposes. These wetlands are her second home. When I think about my second home I think of my beachy cottage down Cape. I have been living on Cape for almost all of my life so I am very used to living by the ocean which sometimes, I find myself taking for granted. After moving off to college I have found myself appreciating my home much more than I have in the past. The town that I am from is very crowded and everyone knows each other which has its benefits, but sometimes it is nice to be in a place where you can do your own thing. This is why I enjoy my days at my Wellfleet cottage so much. Whenever I need to think and be in my own world I can sit by myself on the little private beach where no one is around. The only noises are the waves crashing and the occasional dog walker. I feel at home here because through all of the changes that life has thrown at me, for as long as I can remember this has been my second home. A place where I can always count on to help me clear my mind. Everyone definitely has their own "second home" that they can go to and just think. Everyone is different, but just like in the story, I can relate to the authors connections to not just that "at home" feeling, but the connections we have to these places and especially nature. 

2 comments:

  1. I like how you said that everybody has a second home. Great connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about what you said when people take things for granted until you no longer have that something.

    ReplyDelete