2018-02-10

Blog post 3

Kaylen Kozlowski
Professor Melissa Santos
ENG-102-037
9 February 2018
Windigo Footprints
            In Windigo Footprints, Kimmerer opens up the chapter with a paragraph explaining people walking in the snow in vivid detail, including sounds, sights and what they felt while walking through the snow. As soon as I started reading this paragraph, I immediately got a flashback to when I was little and I would go with my family and friends around to the different parts of the city I grew up in the find the best hill to sled on.
            As a child in a family with four siblings, we always did fun activities in the snow whether it was building a fort, snowman, sledding or having a snowball fight. This part of the chapter brought me back to when my three brothers and sister would enjoy the snow and have the opportunity to play in it.

            As the chapter went on she introduced the creation story of the Windigo. The Windigo was a monster in the creation story. When she described the looks and smell of the Windigo, I was able to get a vision of what they believed it to look like. Towards the end of the chapter, when Kimmerer had said, “Maybe we’ve all been banished to lonely corners by our obsession with private property” (page 308) When we talked about this quote in class and went over discussion questions it made me think about quote more into what it meant. When people in the class started to share them, I found myself relating to theirs. For myself, it reminded me how whenever I see clothes or shoes that I like I need to get them.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing text to self connection. I also like how you tied everything back to our class discussion and what you got out of it.

    ReplyDelete