2018-02-03

Blog Post #2



Marc Ruiz
ENGL-102-042
Professor Santos
3 February 2018
Blog Post #2
            The topic of family was talked about a fair amount during class this week because of the assigned reading of  “The Three Sisters”. In the reading Kimmerer explains how corn, beans and squash are grown together and support one another in different ways a family would. The ability of each crop to provide for one another reminded me of how many family is always looking out for one another, helping in any way they can and learning from one another.
            I am the youngest member in my family. I have four amazing and supportive siblings that have always been there for one another. My two oldest siblings Angelica and Michael resemble corn because they two strong and successful figures that are college graduates so in my eyes, they have set up the blueprint for the rest of the kids to follow and have always guided us along the right path.
My brother Nicolas and sister Christina are like the bean crop, following along the older siblings’ paths but like thee vines of the bean they have ventured out and found their own successes in life. The two of them are great multi-sport athletes and used talents to further themselves in life and are soon to be college graduates. I resemble the squash because I am the youngest and have always strayed away from the path of my older siblings, but I learned from their successes and mistakes to grow into the person that I am today.  

5 comments:

  1. That is a very nice connection to your family. As an older sibling, it is nice for younger siblings to look up to me, however it also far more important that they become their own person. Keep being you and finding your own path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the comparison you made between the "three sisters" and your family. Reading this I could completely relate ,as I am the youngest sibling as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the connection that you made with each sibling with each crop. I relate to this as well because I am the second youngest in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an excellent connection to, "the Three Sisters". I can also relate to your blog post because I have three siblings, me being the eldest.

    ReplyDelete