2018-02-02

blog 2

Kaylen Kozlowski     
Professor Melissa Santos
2 February 2018
Blog 2
            In the readings from this week the one that stuck out to me the most was The Three Sisters. In the chapter of the book Kimmerer explained what the three sisters were and the story behind them. The Three Sisters were three crops that grew together and in a way provided for each other. The three crops were corn, squash and beans. The idea of the three sisters continuously helping each other grow reminds me how family and friends help an individual grow to be who they are and how a family works together to remain close and grow.
            In my family I have my mom, dad, and four siblings, I am the second youngest. I have an older sister, two older brothers and a younger brother. As being a part of a big family there are many roles that each person has to take part in in order for things to run smoothly around the house. As a whole, my family and I equally do work around the house. The role of my older sister is to be a second mother figure and a role model to all of us. When she was growing up she played many sports and did good in school which made the rest of us encouraged to do sports and do good in school. My oldest brother’s role in my family is the peace maker, whenever the other siblings argue he knows how to control and stop the argument and to be a role model for the rest of the younger siblings. To add onto being the peacemaker, he must also be a role model to the younger siblings. My other older brother’s role in the family is hanging out around the house with my little brother, helping out around the house and to be a role model for my little brother and me.  My role in my family is to help out around the house and be a role model for my little brother. My little brother's role in the family is the comedian, he always knows how to make any of us laugh. With all the roles put together, we all helped each other become who we are today.

            The Three Sisters had reminded of the way my family is because we each have roles in our environment just as the three sisters have their roles in their environment. Though the roles are different, each sibling and sister had the job of helping the others grow and to protect them.

2 comments:

  1. I liked how you made the connection between The Three Sisters and your own family. Describing each of your siblings roles in your family dynamic was a good real life connection to the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the connections that you made. Also, my older sister is a mother figure!

    ReplyDelete