2018-02-09

Blog #3


Betsey Walsh

Professor Santos

ENGL 102_037

09 February 2018

Blog Post #3

            When reading Windigo Footprints, it talks about this monster that is always hungry, but when it eats, it is never satisfied. The monster is said to be “a being in the shape of an outsized man, ten feet tall, with frost-white hair hanging from its shaking body. With arms like tree trunks, feet as big as snowshoes, it travels easily through the blizzards of the hungry time, stalking us.” The children were told the story about it to keep them from behaving badly. They say that if it bit you, then you would turn into a cannibal like it is.  In class, we talked about an obsession/addiction/need we have. Everyone in the world has some sort of an addiction/obsession/need, whether it is smoking, drinking, social media, electronics, shopping, etc. Today, we see people who have an addiction with smoking and nicotine. Whether it is cigarettes or e-cigarettes, we see many people having an addiction with it. Especially in teens and college students, we see people using e-cigs or vapes. I personally feel that I have a need with my phone. I always make sure that I have it with me and I always seem to pick it up and look at it without even realizing I was doing it.

3 comments:

  1. Good job comparing Windigo and your phone addiction. You described Windigo well and described your phone well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you describe the windigo footprint. I think this whole generation can relate to your addiction. Including me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsey, I agree, many people are addicted to their phone. I have made a conscious effort to keep off of mine and take frequent social media breaks, which always help me feel my best.

    ReplyDelete