2018-02-02

The Three Sisters

   Robin Wall Kimmerer compares the Three Sister plants to three human sisters. The Three Sister plants are corn, beans and squash. They work together in harmony so that each other will prosper. This reminded me of my own two sisters and I. None of us could function without the other.
    As I previously said, I have two sisters I am in the middle of the two. My oldest sister, Holly, acts as a maternal figure to Madison and I. She'll cook for us. She'll clean for us. She's perfect. Holly is more dominant, though she is not bossy. Her dominance shows in her taking charge and pushing us to get things done. For example, doing the dishes or laundry. She is brilliant and a natural born leader. Kimmerer talks about how the bean sister would be a total mess without the corn sister. This very true for Holly and I. Holly and I are extremely close, as we are only fifteen months apart. I don't think that I would have the energy to go to work or school without her. It just wouldn't be the same. Madison is a lot younger than us, though she does not act it one bit. At eleven years old, she is very mature. She is not really anything like Holly or I. Maddie is extremely athletic, and she is an amazing baker. This sets her apart from Holly and I, as neither of us are huge fans of those activities.
    Although we are not actual plants, we rely on each other like the plants. Like the plants, we all get along great without getting in someone's way. Additionally, we each are unique and serve a purpose in life. I'm so glad that I have my sisters, because I don't know what I would do without them.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you connected this to your own life. I think it is true about sisters, I only have one but like you said we help each other live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I have two sisters too and I am the middle child and I dont know where I would be without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, as the oldest sister I love to help you two through life. I could not function without you or Madison. Being an older sister is a great responsibility, however I do enjoy that while we are all drastically different, we are still close and rely on eachother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this so nice my brothers and I get along great as well so its nice to read this.

    ReplyDelete