2018-02-09

Blog Post #3

Alyssa Bearse
Melissa Santos
English 101
9 February 2018
Blog Post #3


            In the chapter Windigo Footprints, as Kimmerer explains how the Windigo is a cannibal, monster, and generally a bad idea. Stories of these creatures at campfires, and being taught to fear it, you would think it is a real person. Once I read that Windigo is just an idea and thought, I made me look at the bigger perspective. Windigo is the need for something or something that consumes your life because you have a need for this. When thinking of this in everyday life, there is one thing that come to mind; coffee. I physically do not need it every day but the thought of going to class without one to keep me awake frightens me. Kimmerer perspective on it accurately describes it. It is like a monster in your body telling you that you need it, and your own mind will pursue you to get it or do the action you are unsure about. When I look at Kimmerer’s perspective on it, I understand how it is like a monster and you should be scared of it. It is like a monster in your head pressuring you to do or get something. Getting a coffee everyday defiantly is the Windigo in my mind. I technically do no need it, but there is something in my head that makes me go out of my way to get one. Taking this away in my everyday life and considering the things I don’t need, but go out of my way to get, is my personal own Windigo.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you explained that your windigo is coffee because that is related to almost every college student. You made a comparison between what the windigo is and how that connects to your coffee addiction.

    ReplyDelete