2017-11-19

Last a Lifetime

While reading Deeply Rooted, the common theme that stood out to me was things that became significant to people in the story. Granted, the things that were significant to the people in the book were things involving ways of farming, but the message still stuck. It got me thinking about the things that I hold close to my heart. Until now, I never really considered the effects that certain changes could have on myself personally. For example, my aunt passed away when I was maybe nine or ten years old and until that point I had never been close to my family. After she passed away, I found myself wanting to have really close relationships with my other aunts. Maybe it was to fill the void that I felt after I lost her, but now I like to think that it was because I wanted to form lasting bonds with the people most important to me because life could change in the blink of an eye. My family is now the most significant and important part of my life. I take advantage of the times I get to see them knowing that those moments and those memories that I make with them are going to stick with me for the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment