Before watching this documentary I had no idea of what it was going to be on or have any idea the danger of what the pesticides were doing. I have never heard of silent spring nor of Rachel Carson. When I first started watching the documentary I automatically thought it was going to be long and boring but it had its turn points that actually caught my attention. While I was watching the Documentary, it being black and white and the music in the background made it more of a serious concept but at the same time it was scary.
I learned a lot throughout this documentary that I didn't think I would. I was astonished by the mini clips the video had of us humans spraying other humans while they were eating or just walking around. It had a bigger impact on me when the airplanes would just fly by over the people with so much smoke and it would affect the animals and how they would just lay on the floor.
Carson was a strong women fighting cancer trying to spread her message of the pesticides. Carson was a biologist trying to help the world and the land. After being the care taker of the house and being a biologist to support her family she decided to stop working to write the book after she saw how the pesticides were affecting the animals. To me this is very strong of her to do because her book spread all around and her word go through. Even though companies said she was lying about the pesticides and no one thought a women would right a book attacking the industries, Carson still did it. Carson was a strong and powerful women not willing to give up even if she had cancer. Carson mentions in the documentary "Nature exist for the convince of man and it is our misfortune that it is harmed". I totally agree with her when she says this because this is the land we live on and if it gets harm it is our fault that it is getting harmed. I was surprised how this happened regardless if people liked it or not and it took one women, Rachel Carson to stand up.
I agree with what you said, Carson tried her hardest to spread awareness to everyone and anyone that would listen. Even though she had people spreading negative comments about her, for instance she was a liar. Those comments didn't stop her she kept going.
ReplyDeleteWhen starting to watch the film, I didn't have any idea on what the film was going to be about. I also didn't know of any of the side effects which the pesticides had or the ways they were spreading the pesticides. Watching how Carson was battling cancer yet stood up against the big companies showed how strong and independent she was as a woman.
ReplyDelete