2018-04-09

weekly blog post

Emily Lincoln
Weekly Blog Post

This week in class we watched a video on food. This video was a little different as it was basically about eating different kinds of meats. There was a cook off and numerous different people cooked all kinds of food. Here, we are so used to eating mostly chicken and cow meat as our staple. Hearing of someone eat something like rabbit, or even deer might seem so crazy. It is interesting to see all the different kind of meat eaten around the country, especially what's popular in different areas. Even though it might seem gross to us to eat rabbit, I think it is important to respect that everyone is different. If everyone in the country ate chicken and cow meat, there would probably be problems incorporated in the meat and and overpopulation of other animals. This could affect the food chain in a big way. We must be open minded, because even though we think it is weird to eat deer meat, or any kind of different meat, some may think it is weird that we eat chicken. There must be a fair balance and nothing is right of wrong. I also found it interesting thinking about eating wild caught animals, many of the people hunted their own meals straight from the wild. The meat is probably healthier versus the meat from animals raised in factory farms. This really opened my mind and gave me a more positive perspective on different kinds of meat eaten around the world. I myself love animals, especially horses since I grew up riding and still do. When I heard that some countries eat horse meat I was beyond myself and thought, “How could anyone do that?” But now that I think about it, people probably say the same thing when they hear that we eat cow meat. We are all different and we must accept each other's differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment