2018-04-09

Book Evaluation

Kaylen Kozlowski     
Professor Melissa Santos
8 April 2018
Book Evaluation
The One-Straw Revolution
            The One-Straw Revolution, by Masanobu Fukuoka, is a book about farming, agriculture and the knowledge in which people have on agriculture. This book has explained how farmers similar to Fukuoka grow there produce on their farms and the things that they avoid on their farms. I found this book very educational because I grew up in a city and never really thought about where my food came from, I only thought about the convenience that it had brought myself and my family. With the help of Fukuoka, I have invested more time in figuring out where the food that eat comes from and how it produced or grown.

            This book is a good and interesting read. With Fukuoka adding his own experiences in the text it made it a better read than any ordinary book. The One-Straw Revolution is filled with real life actions we can take in order to preserve the land, rather than use the methods of adding chemicals and pesticides in the soil to make the produce grow faster as many farmers do today. In order to take better care of the soil, farmers today can look at the way farmers similar to Fukuoka take care of their soil and learn from them. If they take these steps to use more natural soil, it will save many natural nutrients in the soil the produce needs to grow naturally and if they do not take these steps the produce grown but these farmers produce will be filled with chemicals. Many foods today are made from different chemicals and we do not think twice about it. With the education that Fukuoka has given me, I am now more interested in learning where the food I eat comes from.  I would recommend this book to anyone interested in learning more about the environment, agriculture and anyone who is interested in how produce differs pending by the farming style the farmer uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment